Topic No Cheating [Open Heavens for Teens 14 March 2019]
Memorise: “A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is His delight.” – Proverbs 11:1
Read: Luke 19:8-9
8 So then Zacchaeus stood up and solemnly declared to the Lord, See, Lord, the half of my goods I [now] give [by way of restoration] to the poor, and if I have cheated anyone out of anything, I [now] restore four times as much.
9 And Jesus said to him, Today is [messianic and spiritual] salvation come to [all the members of] this household, since Zacchaeus too is a [real spiritual] son of Abraham;
Bible In One Year: Deuteronomy 23-25, Mark 14:51-72
Every day, we are faced with decisions that test our honesty even as teenagers. In fact, just because you are a child of God, the devil will test you very often, hoping that you will make wrong decision and disappoint God. It is a big mistake to think that the devil only comes with big temptations, because more often than not, the devil tempts with little things and it is the little things we fall for that lead to the big falls. Luke 16:10 says:
“He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.”
Do you tell your parents ‘small lies’? Do you take ‘tiny amounts’ of money from your parents without their consent? Do you modify the truth to your friends in school just to ‘feel among’? What of during tests and exams? Rather than study well, do you cheat? God is very interested in every single decision you make.
In Deuteronomy 30:19, God said it is always our responsibility to choose between life (right) and death (wrong). Every time you choose to do the right thing, you make God proud and he blesses you with life.
Key Point: According to Song of Solomon 2:15, it is little foxes (little sins) that often spoil the whole vine (a holy life).
Also Read: Teen Open Heaven Daily Devotional by Pastor Adeboye
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, What a glory He sheds on our way! While we do His good will, He abides with us still, And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for theres no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies, But His smile quickly drives it away; Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear, Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share, But our toil He doth richly repay; Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross, But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love Until all on the altar we lay; For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows, Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet, Or we’ll walk by His side in the way; What He says we will do, where He sends we will go; Never fear, only trust and obey.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.
The post No Cheating – Open Heavens for Teens 14 March 2019 appeared first on Flatimes.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.